TRIMBLE Aardvark A1919T GPS+DR, Gyro + Accel
The Trimble Aardvark DR + GPS module provides reliable and accurate location information, even in the harshest conditions.
When GPS signals are limited or not available, such as in urban canyons and tunnels, the Trimble Aardvark DR+GPS module provides reliable and accurate positioning information. It is an ideal solution for system integrators or OEMs who are adding dead reckoning capabilities to vehicle navigation, fleet management and asset tracking systems.
Dead reckoning estimates position based on heading and distance traveled since the last known position. The more accurate the speed, time and heading inputs, the more accurate the dead reckoning. This is where GPS helps. GPS continuously calibrates the gyro and speed sensors to produce optimal dead reckoning.
The 19mm x 19mm surface mount module has an on-board gyro and accelerometer and it collects speed and forward/reverse data from the vehicle's sensors. Its sophisticated DR+GPS algorithm automatically calibrates the gyro and external sensors' inputs and optimally blends this information with GPS measurements to produce accurate position and velocity outputs in hostile GPS environments such as urban canyons.
• Instantaneous and accurate positions in deep urban canyons and dense forests.
• Continuous position outputs in tunnels, parking garages and on lower bridge decks.
• Reliable positioning for tracking high-value assets and for mapping applications.
• Improves QoS and customer satisfaction and retention to maximize service revenue.
• 19 mm x 19 mm SMT module
• Provides DR data with 5Hz update frequency.
More information can be found in the attached datasheet.