Thales Gemalto Cinterion PLS83-W Rel.2
Cinterion PLS83-W Rel.2 is a Thales Gemalto 4G wireless module that provides connectivity with 2G/3G backup devices 18 Band LTE Cat.4, Seven Band 3G UMTS/WCDMA and Quad-Band GSM. The module offers DL transmission speeds: max. 150 Mbit/s and UL: max. 50 Mbit/s.
It is ideal for demanding industrial IoT applications that require speed and optimal coverage, such as global tracking and tracing, industrial gateways and transportation solutions. These applications require high-speed data, long life, stability of 4G networks, and continuous coverage in areas where a 4G network is not available.
This PLS83-W Rel.2 module is designed for use anywhere in the world.
• 3GPP Rel.9 Compliant Protocol Stack
• FDD-LTE: bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 66
• TD-LTE: bands 38, 40, 41
• UMTS (WCDMA/FDD): bands 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 19
• Quad Band GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
• Integrated GNSS support
• SIM Application Toolkit, letter classes b, c, e with BIP and
• RunAT support
• Control via standardized and extended AT commands (Hayes, TS 27.007 and 27.005)
• Embedded IP stack with IPv4 and IPv6 support
• TCP/IP stack access via AT command and transparent
• TCP/UDP services
• Secure Connection with TLS/DTLS
• Internet Services TCP/UDP server/client, DNS, Ping, HTTP,
• SMTP, FTP client
• LGA pad soldering mount, MSL3
• Supply voltage range: 3.0 - 4.5 V
• Dimension: 33 x 29 x 2.6 mm
• Operating temperature: -40°C to +85°C
• RoHS compliant
• USB Interface features a composite mode, compliant to
• Windows, Linux and Mac
• Firmware update via USB and ASC
• RLS Monitoring (Jamming detection)
• Informal Network Scan
• Cell ID based Location Support
• Module Services
• Embedded Processing (optional)
The Thales Group is, among other fields, a major manufacturer of Gemalto Cinterion wireless modules and the world leader in encryption and digital security as a manufacturer of payment and identification card chips. SECTRON is a European authorized distributor of Gemalto.