Thales Gemalto Cinterion PLS8-E Rel.4
The PLS8 wireless module from Thales Cinterion provides connectivity to the LTE network. This rugged PLS8 module enables data download speeds of up to 100 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 50 Mbps, making it ideal for the most demanding applications, especially in high-volume data traffic. The Cinterion PLS8 *M2M *module is a suitable solution for applications in various sectors such as industrial automation, healthcare, transportation or IoT (Internet of Things).
Thanks to its compact size, the Cinterion PLS8 module can be easily integrated into space-constrained devices. Another advantage is the low power consumption, which extends the battery life of wireless devices.
In terms of deployment, backward compatibility and unified HW design (saving development investment), it is compatible with the Industrial Plus series modules, covering globally used LTE, 3G, 2G, CDMA technologies.
Module Cinterion Cinterion PLS8-E Rel.4 is available for Europe.
• Technology, Frequency 4G (LTE) - Quad Band, 3G (W-CDMA) - Triple Band, 2G (GSM)
• Data transmissions LTE (4G): UE CAT 3, 2x2 MIMO for DL, 100/50 Mbps
• 3G (W-CDMA) data transfers: UE CAT. 14, 24, DC-HSPA + DL 42 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
• EDGE Data Broadcasts: Multislot Class 12, 240 kbps
• GPRS Data Streams: Multislot Class 12, 80 kbps
• Insertion: LGA, 156 pins
• Audio analog / digital interface: No / Yes (1x PCM or I2S)
• USB interface: USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbit / s) device interface, Full Speed (12Mbit / s) compliant
• Serial interface: 1x, fixed speed 115200 bps
• GNSS: GPS & GLONASS NMEA 0183 V2.3 protocol
• Dimensions 33 x 29 x 2.2 mm
More information can be found in the attached datasheet.
The Thales Group is, among other fields, a major manufacturer of Gemalto Cinterion wireless modules and the world leader in encryption and digital security as a manufacturer of payment and identification card chips. SECTRON is a European authorized distributor of Gemalto.