Thales Gemalto Cinterion MV31-W Rel.1.1 (in Mini-PCI design)
The Cinterion MV31-W Rel.1.1 is IoT modem card provides high-speed 5G mobile broadband connection (eMBB) for high-performance IoT applications such as industrial routers and gateways, or industrial PCs and tablets in both Stand Alone and None Stand Alone modes. The MV31-W supports the full spectrum of 5G frequencies, i.e. FR1 sub-6GHz and FR2 mmWave bands.
The modem card provides lightning fast data transfer speeds of several gigabits per second (6/2 Gbit/s). It also provides excellent global coverage in urban areas and in regions where 5G is just emerging. The MV31-W is offered in a single global variant that provides connectivity for 5G, LTE Cat.20, while also supporting backhaul to 3G HSPA+ when needed.
The MV31-W Rel.1.1 delivers extreme technological complexity in a single plug-in module to simplify the transition to 5G technology. The module also supports 4x4 MIMO technology as well as GNSS reception. The integrated dual eSIM SIM card enhances security, authenticates devices, encrypts data and securely manages connections to mobile networks.
The interface of the card with a compatible device is the PCIe 3.0 bus on the M.2.
• 5G band: FR1 FDD-LTE Bands: n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n28, n66, n71
FR1 TD-LTE Bands: n38, n41, n77, n78, n79
FR2 mmWave: n257, n258, n260, n261
• FDD-LTE Bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 32, 66, 71
• FDD-LTE Bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18,19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 32, 66, 71
• TD-LTE Bands: 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46 (LAA), 48 (CBRS)
• UMTS / HSPA + (3GPP Release 8): FDD Bands: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 19
• Optional mmWave support
• 5G Standalone (SA) and Non-Standalone (NSA) Support
• Integrated dual-frequency GNSS: simultaneous L1 and L5 supporting GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and Beidou
• Dual SIM with embedded eSIM support
• Supply voltage range: 3.14 V - 4.8 V
• Operating temperature: 40 °C to + 85 °C
• Dimensions: 42 x 30 x 2.5 mm
More information can be found in the attached datasheet.
The Thales Group is, among other fields, a major manufacturer of Gemalto Cinterion wireless modules and the world leader in encryption and digital security as a manufacturer of payment and identification card chips. SECTRON is a European authorized distributor of Gemalto.